Re: middleware for PostgreSQL: sneak preview

From: Gunnar Rønning <gunnar(at)polygnosis(dot)com>
To: "Jon Garfunkel" <garf(at)look(dot)boston(dot)ma(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: middleware for PostgreSQL: sneak preview
Date: 2001-08-21 08:11:43
Lists: pgsql-general

* "Jon Garfunkel" <garf(at)look(dot)boston(dot)ma(dot)us> wrote:

| This is similar in functionality to some commerical and opensource O/R
| toolkits I've seen, except that I've created a much more rigorous XML
| framework. In addition, I'm putting much application-level development
| constructs into the XML. I also have engines which can show the schema
| documentation, prototypes, and runtime servlet based on the XML.

Which open source O/R tools have you been looking into ?
Have you had a look at Torque in the Turbine project at jakarta.apache.org ?
Torque generates sql schema and O/R layer based on a XML schema.

--
Gunnar Rønning - gunnar(at)polygnosis(dot)com
Senior Consultant, Polygnosis AS, http://www.polygnosis.com/