Re: pgreplay log file replayer released

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgreplay log file replayer released
Date: 2010-03-22 19:48:51
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

> Do you have a multi-threaded model that tracks which transactions each
> query belonged to and runs them concurrently like they were in the
> original setup? That's what I've been looking for.

Tsung does that and has been doing it for… quite some time. It even
comes with a recorder which is a PostgreSQL proxy: connect it to your
server, connect your client to it, and let it record a session at a
time.

Then in the configuration you get to choose how many of each session you
want to mix, etc.

http://tsung.erlang-projects.org/

Regards,
--
dim

My TODO has "write a Tsung blog entry (series?) and a tutorial", but
you'll have to wait until after extensions and some other things, or do
it yourself... sorry about that...