T-O-A-S-T meaning

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL HACKERS)
Subject: T-O-A-S-T meaning
Date: 1999-12-21 00:36:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sorry, can't resist :-)

Any time I see such a name for a piece of software, I'm
trying to figure out what the single characters could stand
for. Thus I'm looking for a good interpretation of TOAST. So
far I have

Tuple
Outgrown
Attribute
Storage
Technique

It somehow reflects what the toaster should do for us.

Well, outgrown could be replaced by obscure, off-beat, off-
side, omnipotent, outcast and many more. Omnipotent is my
second choice.

Some other ideas?

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #