Re: [HACKERS] Status on Jan Wieck

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us (Bruce Momjian)
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, "PostgreSQL-development"(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, jwieck(at)debis(dot)com
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Status on Jan Wieck
Date: 1999-09-21 08:56:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
> > > I know people were wondering about Jan, so I just talked to him via
> > > e-mail, and he has been busy on a big project.
> >
> > Good ... I was starting to fear he'd been run over by a truck or
> > something :-(
> >
> > Does he have any idea when/if he'll return to Postgres hacking?
>
> That brings up another issue.
>
> Why do people think programmers are throwing themselves in front of
> trucks? Any idea? I hear it often.

Maybe because it's one of the most failsafe methods?
Additionally the risk for the truck driver isn't as high as
it would be for the driver of an A-Class (besides that an A-
Class driver would treat the whole think like an elk-test -
and we all know what the result of that is :-).

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #