Re: [GENERAL] PLpgSQL Stat Problem

From: jim(at)reptiles(dot)org (Jim Mercer)
To: alewis(at)themecca(dot)net (Andy Lewis)
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PLpgSQL Stat Problem
Date: 1999-04-28 15:27:44
Lists: pgsql-general

> I built as root and installed as root and run
> postmaster as postgres and didn't have any problems up until now.
>
> Seems like I'd run across others. Are we saying this is indeed the
> problem?
>
> Do I need to reinstall?

some systems have a umask of 077 for root, which would mean that
no other user can read the files.

also, the DATADIR needs to be owned by whoever (postgres) is running
postmaster.

if your system is working, then you've probably adjusted things accordingly.

--
[ Jim Mercer Reptilian Research jim(at)reptiles(dot)org +1 416 410-5633 ]
[ The telephone, for those of you who have forgotten, was a commonly used ]