Re: [HACKERS] snapshot and FreeBSD-2.2.7 not building

From: orion(dot)SAPserv(dot)Hamburg(dot)dsh(dot)de!wieck(at)sapserv(dot)debis(dot)de
To: maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us (Bruce Momjian)
Cc: hal(at)enteract(dot)com, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] snapshot and FreeBSD-2.2.7 not building
Date: 1999-01-04 08:33:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Thanks for the follow-up. Suggestion:
> >
> > At the top of numeric.c or in include/utils/numeric.h, put
> >
> > #ifndef NAN
> > #define pgNAN (0.0/0.0)
> > #endif
> >
> > Then in numeric.c, if NAN isn't defined,
>
> Done. Used:
>
> #ifndef NAN
> #define NAN (0.0/0.0)
> #endif
>
> at the top of numeric.c, and removed my other #ifdef's.

I hope this is portable and none of our supported platforms
throws in a SIGFPE for it (cross fingers).

OTOH it might be good to have configure checks if NAN is
defined somewhere and include that header. Only if it isn't
defined we should fallback to the above.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #