Re: [HACKERS] TCL/TK library glitches in configure.in

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us (Bruce Momjian)
Cc: brook(at)trillium(dot)NMSU(dot)Edu, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] TCL/TK library glitches in configure.in
Date: 1998-10-13 10:12:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I have removed the mention of TCL_LIB from Makefile.global. The new
> code looks in tcconfig.sh, and gets the values there. I just fixed it
> today. Please check for the commented out entries in Makefile.global
> and test it to see if it works. Seems to work here.
>
> However, I will apply the patch and remove the Makefile.global comments
> of TCL_LIB, just so we can keep it around. I think Billy is working on
> removal of that hole section.
>
> Thanks.

Checked out at Oct. 13 09:52 MET DST (it's +0200 so should be
03:52 in your TZ), configured with switches --enable-shared
and --with-tcl.

Compiled clean and regression went through without a single
'failed'.

Linux i486 ELF 2.1.88

BTW: You still mention the rewrite system on the todo list.
What was left where replacing some functions (OffsetVarNodes
and the like) by the new versions that are now static in the
rewriteHandler.

But the old versions are used by the parser somewhere and I'm
not totally sure if switching there to use the new ones would
have any side effects.

Things are stable now and working for what we currently have.
I'll not touch the rewrite system (except for bugs) again
before 6.4 is released. Please close the item.

When we go on and develop for 6.5 I think we will work on
more capabilities in the parser/planner (e.g. subselects in
the targetlist, outer joins etc.). This will require
additions in the rewrite system and then it's time to get on
it again.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #