Re: [INTERFACES] Sample Code for front end???

From: leif(at)danmos(dot)dk
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, tlester(at)spain(dot)iakom(dot)com
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Sample Code for front end???
Date: 1998-06-14 15:48:00
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi Thomas,

You wrote;

> I'm trying to learn database programming, and I want to know if anyone has
> any c
> or c++ code from a small "gui" application front end that they could send
> me so
> I could see some examples of database programming with ODBC?
>
> My "learning" workstation is Solaris 2.6 w/ Postgres. I have all kinds
> of C++
> tools (Sun's Visual Workshop), so I'm ready... now it's time to learn!
>
> I'd also love to see an example of an ASCII front end using curses or ncurses
> libraries.

I have been working with the free (public domain) multiplatform GUI
toolkit called wxWindows. This is a very extensive library of GUI/nonGUI
functions running on both Windows (NT and 95) and several Unices. It also
includes C++ classes for interfacing to ODBC databases.

I am about to release an example of the use of this ODBC interface incl.
a database table class (DBGrid). I expect to release it within the next
few days.

Have a look at http://web.ukonline.co.uk/julian.smart. And follow the
links for wxWindows.

Greetings,

/
_/ _/_/ / Leif Jensen (leif(at)danmos(dot)dk)
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ / Linux 2.0.33, gcc 2.7.2, wxWin 1.66F