Re: [INTERFACES] Problem with PreparedStatement

From: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)oumail(dot)openu(dot)ac(dot)il>
To: "Esteban Chiner Sanz" <echiner(at)tissat(dot)es>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Problem with PreparedStatement
Date: 1999-10-19 17:16:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

At 19:05 +0200 on 18/10/1999, Esteban Chiner Sanz wrote:

> I'm trying to do this:
>
> if (counter != -1) /* No ha habido ningún error */
> {
> PreparedStatement pstmt=null;
> sql="insert into tar_historico values (?,?,?)";
> razon="<br>Query: " + sql;
> try {
> pstmt = con.prepareStatement(sql);
> pstmt.setString(1,Integer.toString(counter));
> pstmt.setString(2,"1");
> pstmt.setTimestamp(3,new Timestamp(new
> java.util.Date().getTime()));
> pstmt.executeUpdate(sql);
> pstmt.close();
> con.close();
> }
>
> But I get this error message in the PostgreSQL log:
>
> query: insert into tar_historico values (?,?,?)
> ERROR: parser: parse error at or near ","

What are the (Postgres) datatypes of the fields?

The best would be to know what the final format of the query became. For
this you have to run the postmaster with -d2 or something, to create a
debug-level log. It will show you the statements as they were passed to the
backend.

My personal suspicion is that your first two fields are numeric fields, not
string fields.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.