Re: Tuning Postgres 9.1 on Windows

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tuning Postgres 9.1 on Windows
Date: 2012-05-01 17:00:02
Lists: pgsql-performance

Walker, James Les wrote on 01.05.2012 16:44:
> I installed the enterprisedb distribution and immediately saw a 400% performance increase.

What exactly is "the enterprisedb distribution"?
Are you talking about the the Advanced Server?

I would be very surprised if the code base would differ so much to allow such a performance gain.
Could it be that the default settings for the Advanced Server are different than those of the "community edition"?

And what did you have installed before that? (as the Windows binary are always distributed by EnterpriseDB)

Thomas