Setting Up User Accounts For PostgreSQL ?

From: Peter Moscatt <pmoscatt(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Setting Up User Accounts For PostgreSQL ?
Date: 2001-08-18 06:45:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have recently installed PostgreSQL onto my Linux system. I installed and
set it up under the account name of 'postgres' where I am able to create
and manage databases.

How do I set another account (namely my normal login 'pmoscatt') so that I
can create and manage databases instead of logging in as 'postgres' ??

Regards
Pete