Re: Db synch - need advice

From: Lew <noone(at)lewscanon(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Db synch - need advice
Date: 2011-01-09 16:06:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

(Please don't top-post.)

Didier Gasser-Morlay wrote:
> Although I would tend to agree in theory with you, (and it was my first
> reaction), I would like to point out that I can say 'Won't work' quicker than
> you can spell Ipad or even :) amongst the reasons is the fact that they are
> not connected all the time in the area where they operate internet access is
> still far from being guaranteed at a decent speed. And the last thing I want
> to hear from this client is 'they are not using it because it is too slow'
>
> So thank you for the bit of advice but no thanks

Wrong results in half the time!

The problem with your contemplated approach is that you potentially sacrifice
correct information for speed. It'll take a *lot* more time and expense to
fix consequences of bad information than to wait ten extra minutes for good
information.

--
Lew
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.