Re: PL/TCL Unkown module

From: "Carlo Stonebanks" <stonec(dot)register(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/TCL Unkown module
Date: 2010-10-04 17:18:57
Lists: pgsql-general

> In particular you'd want to use it to install the
> "unknown" function from unknown.pltcl. After that, the "unknown"
> function will be loaded automatically into new pltcl interpreters.

Is there a way to install my own "unkown" function, and to have it become
permanant with no startup required? I don't think the loadmods functionality
is what I need.

Right now, every PL/TCL proc loads libs using the source... command. This
caused problems when we had to move them to another folder. If we had a
single point of maintenance we wouldn't have had a problem. I think that the
"unkown" command is the logical place to put such lib loading.

Sorry, don't know where to look in the docs for this sort PL/TCL stuff - I
have various PG manuals and texts, but the docs on this level of PL/TCL is
thin. Feel free to say, "Google XYZ and read it, then come back to me".