Re: After server restart I get - An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.

From: Lew <noone(at)lewscanon(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: After server restart I get - An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.
Date: 2010-05-23 00:29:03
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Daniele Depetrini wrote:
> I've written a wrapper that use[s] the "setTransationIsolation" method as
> first operation against a just[-]obtained connection to implicitly check
> if it is still alive.

And what if the connection dies just after you've set transaction isolation
but before you do anything else with it?

As Craig Ringer pointed out, that technique does not relieve following code of
the responsibility to check for exceptions due to a lost connection, so what
does it buy you but the performance hit of an extra round trip to the database?

--
Lew