Re: FULL JOIN is only supported with merge-joinable join conditions

From: "hx(dot)li" <fly2nn(at)126(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FULL JOIN is only supported with merge-joinable join conditions
Date: 2010-01-07 03:44:11
Lists: pgsql-general

> It's an implementation restriction. If the clauses aren't mergejoinable
> there's no very practical way to keep track of which inner-side rows
> have had a match.

If we could consider it is equivalent transformation as follow?

select * from t_1 full outer join t_3 on t_1.a=1;
and
select * from t_1 full outer join t_3 on true where t_1.a=1;

If we could transform RestrictInfo into the where-clause, maybe it right.

TEST=# select * from t_1 full outer join t_3 on true where t_1.a=1;
A | A
---+---
1 | 1
1 | 3