No download of Windows binaries without registering?

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: No download of Windows binaries without registering?
Date: 2009-08-26 18:11:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

it seems that you cannot download PostgreSQL from the EnterpriseDB website without first registering with EnterpriseDB. I can somhow understand this cumbersome requirement for their own products, but I do not like the taste of it for the "plain" PostgreSQL builds. This doesn't sound right to me that I have to reveal my Company, Email *and* telephone number in order to download it.

If one goes directly http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgbindownload.do this is not necessary (which is what I expect), but as far as I can tell, there is no direct link to that page.

I would appreciate it very much if the download link for the "plain" PostgreSQL builds from http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/download.do would lead to the download page directly without the registration screen.

Regards
Thomas