Re: BUG #4861: Incorrect log_line_prefix default value in postgresql.conf

From: "Milen A(dot) Radev" <milen(at)radev(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4861: Incorrect log_line_prefix default value in postgresql.conf
Date: 2009-06-18 23:05:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bruce Momjian написа:
> Milen A. Radev wrote:
>> Tom Lane ??????:
>>> Uh, the default setting is an empty string. Are you sure this is
>>> not your own error? If it isn't, perhaps it is a problem in some
>>> packaging of Postgres, but you did not say which package you are
>>> using.
>> The line looks like that after using the One-click installer
>> available here - http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do.
>>
>> Probably should be sorted out by EnterpriseDB.
>
> I just checked the one-click 8.4rc1 installer on Ubuntu and it is fine:
>
> #log_line_prefix = '' # special values:
>
> so I am unclear why Windows would have a different default. How are you
> viewing this default? From the command line?

I've attached the unmodified "postgresql.conf" just after a
successful installation (it is in "C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\data").

Connecting to the server locally with psql gives:

Server [localhost]:
Database [postgres]:
Port [5432]:
Username [postgres]:
psql (8.4rc1)
WARNING: Console code page (866) differs from Windows code page (1251)
8-bit characters might not work correctly. See psql reference
page "Notes for Windows users" for details.
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# show log_line_prefix;
log_line_prefix
%%t