why declare arg as a array in FunctionCallInfoData structure

From: "Tao Ma" <feng_eden(at)163(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: why declare arg as a array in FunctionCallInfoData structure
Date: 2009-02-02 07:16:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hi,

When I read the postgresql codes, I noticed that the FunctionCallInfoData
structure(declared in the src/include/fmgr.h) contains two arrays 'arg' and
'argnull'.
Why don't you declare it as a pointer and allocate the memory from heap? It
saves more momery if 'arg' and 'argnull' declares as pointer type.

Can anyone explain it to me?

Thanks in advance.