problems on solaris 7

From: Peter Lauko <laox(at)freemail(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problems on solaris 7
Date: 2001-08-25 20:59:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!
I've installed 7.1.2 on sparc solaris 7.
configure, make, install and initdb worked perfectly.
When I try to start postmaster:

postgres$ postmaster
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1245184, 03600) failed: Invalid argument

I've read in administrator's guide to put the following lines in /etc/system:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=0x2000000
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=256
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=256
set semsys:seminfo_semmap=256
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=512
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=512
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=32

Since then postmaster starts, but when I try to use psql, createuser or createdb they drop segmentation fault. (when trying to use psql with a nonexisting database - i.e. other than template1 - it works fine: reports the error and exits). Regression check also fails at createdb with segfault.

I suppose this is a problem in my solaris settings and not in postgres, but I'm not an expert of kernel level solaris configuration. Could anyone help me please?! I'm running out of time.

thanks, Peter