Aleatory exception

From: "Sabin Coanda" <sabin(dot)coanda(at)deuromedia(dot)ro>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Aleatory exception
Date: 2007-11-23 09:23:15
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi there,

I have a custom function where I execute a dynamic statement. I trap the
exceptions, and sometimes I got the following error data:
SQLSTATE = 22P02, SQLERRM = invalid input syntax for integer:
"NULL::int4"

For instance I got this for the following statement string:

Please explain what could be the reason ?

TIA,
Sabin