EXPLAIN ANALYZE inside functions

From: "Sabin Coanda" <sabin(dot)coanda(at)deuromedia(dot)ro>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: EXPLAIN ANALYZE inside functions
Date: 2007-11-19 13:17:08
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi there,

I'd like to rise the performance of a custom function, but I read somewhere
I cannot use EXPLAIN ANALYZE to get the execution plan of the code from the
function.

Do you know a workaround to do this ?

I tried to apply EXPLAIN ANALYZE statements inside my procedure hopping I
will get some notice messages, but I got nothing :(.

TIA,
Sabin