Re: [HACKERS] ECPG dynamic cursor fix for UPDATE/DELETE ... WHERE CURRENT OF :curname

From: Michael Meskes <michael(at)fam-meskes(dot)de>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] ECPG dynamic cursor fix for UPDATE/DELETE ... WHERE CURRENT OF :curname
Date: 2010-08-05 09:39:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sorry I thought Zoltan's explanation was clear enough. All prior ECPG versions were fine because dynamic cursor names were only added in 9.0. Apparently only this one place was missed. So this is a bug in the new feature, however not such a major one that it warrants the complete removal IMO. I'd prefer to fix this in 9.0.1.

Hope this cleans it up a bit.

Michael