Re: Error while sending request to database

From: "Usama Dar" <munir(dot)usama(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "srinath narra" <srinath(dot)narra(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error while sending request to database
Date: 2007-12-06 12:45:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Dec 6, 2007 5:26 PM, srinath narra <srinath(dot)narra(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> when i connecting my postgresql which giving
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: conversion between UNICODE and
> MULE_INTERNAL is not supported.please send solution about this problem.
>
> Srinath

postgresql jdbc just works with utf8 client encoding, and since postgres
server doesn't support encoding conversion to and from mule_internal server
encoding and unicode client encoding , you won't be able to connect.

Try setting your server encoding to something else, i.e. utf-8
more detail at

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/multibyte.html#AEN24142

--
Usama Munir Dar http://linkedin.com/in/usamadar