Re: libpq messages language

From: "Usama Dar" <munir(dot)usama(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Efraín López <tecnomaya(at)cabsagt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq messages language
Date: 2007-12-06 12:15:10
Lists: pgsql-general

On Dec 6, 2007 8:03 AM, Efraín López <tecnomaya(at)cabsagt(dot)com> wrote:

> Thank you for your reply
>
> but I got the error 'LC_MESSAGES' : undeclared identifier
>
> locale.h only defines LC_COLLATE, LC_CTYPE, LC_MONETARY, LC_NUMERIC,
> LC_TIME
>
> I tried to set a system variable LC_MESSAGES, but didn't work
>
> Then, I tried to find more information
>

> In libpq, when ENABLE_NLS is not defined,
> #define libpq_gettext(x) (x)
>
> If I set ENABLE_NLS to 1, then I think I need the gettext library, because
> it needs <libintl.h>
>
> so, there is no simple way in windows to get messages in spanish within
> libpq before connecting to server, is correct?

Well libpq like rest of postgres uses gettext for i18N , so i think you need
to have your windows locale set to spanish, have the gettext library
installed and spanish message catalogs available on your system, which will
be if you compiled the source with --enable-nls configure option then it
doesn't matter if the connection was made to the server or not, since libpq
has its own translated messages catalog.

--
Usama Munir Dar http://linkedin.com/in/usamadar
Consultant Architect