how can Iconnect a Postgres database using odbc in c language?

From: masculinu(at)hotmail(dot)com (Maus)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how can Iconnect a Postgres database using odbc in c language?
Date: 2004-07-02 15:02:30
Lists: pgsql-general

I know the following java instructions for connecting a DB (oracle in
this case):

import java.sql......

try {
Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
String dbUrl ="jdbc:oracle:thin:@"+host+":"+port+":"+sid;
Connection m_connection =
DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl,user,passwd);
Statement m_statement = m_connection.createStatement();
}
catch (ClassNotFoundException ex) {}

I'd like to know the equivalent instructions in C language using ODBC
for connecting a Postgres DB (with also includes library)

Please, is there anyone can tell me which these C language
instructions are?

Thanks and bye,
Maus