Database connections and stored procs (functions)

From: "Radhika S" <radhika(dot)sambamurti(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database connections and stored procs (functions)
Date: 2007-11-05 15:32:46
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

I am running postgres 8.2 on RH linux.
My daemon downloads files and then inserts the data into preliminary
tables, and finally calls a stored procedure which reads data from a
view and inserts into the final table.

I have a bit of a peculiar problem. (I understand this may not be the
right venue).

My deamon calls a stored procedure SP_LoadFiles().
The daemon stops syncing at about 6:30 pm and restarts syncing at about 7:30 am.

Every day, I have to manually re-start the daemon for the function
sp_LoadFiles() to actually load the files.
I can see that the procedure is being called, but it does not load the data.
If I run the procedure manually via psql : select * from
sp_loadfiles(); it works and the data is loaded.
my stored proc sp_loadfiles is accessing a View which is accessing a
couple of tables. There is no dynamic sql being generated, just
inserts from the view.

Is this a connection issue?
Do I have to end the daemons db connection. Is this set in the postgresql.conf?

Thank you.
Radhika

--
It is all a matter of perspective. You choose your view by choosing
where to stand. --Larry Wall