Disappearing Records

From: Rory Browne <rory(dot)browne(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Disappearing Records
Date: 2005-10-31 15:33:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all

What is the first thing you would do, when you find that your system
has been losing information? Information is there at one stage, and
later it's not.

I tried checking the logs, but there isn't a delete or drop there
anywhere, nor anything else that seems relevent. I tried googling for
various rewordings of "PostgreSQL disappearing records", but didn't
get anything useful.

Since this isn't something I can recreate, I'm not sure what to do about it.

The fact that I never really used PostgreSQL that much before may be a
hindering factor, but I can't think why information would just
mysteriously disappear.

Regards
Rory