Re: BUG #16550: Problem with pg_service.conf

From: Michał Lis <fcs1(at)poczta(dot)onet(dot)pl>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16550: Problem with pg_service.conf
Date: 2020-07-22 17:02:06
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

No, the file is only on the server side.

I expected the client will ask the server using the service name.
If the service will be found on the server, the server should accept the
connection from the client.

In pg_service.conf file can be stored user name and password.

I want to use login of service type, because I won't to store any login
information (ie password) on the client side.

Copping the pg_service.conf to the client and setting the system
variable to this file, rather has no sense.

Regards
Michal