PostgreSQL name

From: "Guido Barosio" <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL Advocacy" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL name
Date: 2008-05-20 05:29:08
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I was trying to find a thread where the discussion relied on the name,
using PostgreSQL or just Postgres.

AFAIK there was an agreement and PostgreSQL *won* that discussion, but
I am unable to find that thread and I may be wrong. This comes to me
because I was trying to push some *advocacy* stuff to the -es mailing
list, and now I am not sure on how to proceeed.

The case is that the .org FAQ explains that both names are just fine,
and I am happy with that, but I seem to recall that PostgreSQL was the
preferred option. Though, if this is the case we should change that
from the site, right?

--
Guido Barosio