...Roll Back issue in PGSQL..

From: Deepak <deepakdevan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)
Subject: ...Roll Back issue in PGSQL..
Date: 2008-06-20 07:40:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

I am trying to create a TRIGGER function,that populates values to another
table upon inserting a value into a table. The issue is,if there is a
exception(in Table 2) everything gets rolled back including Table1.I dont
want this to happen.i want the value of table1 to stay.
I tried "try....except" and introduced SAVEPOINT.But resulted in runtime
error.

Can anyone please help me out

--
Deepak