pgadmin very slow

From: Anj Adu <fotographs(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgadmin very slow
Date: 2009-07-14 18:08:07
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

We have very large databases with about 1000 tables (most of them
partitions). PGAdmin takes forever (atleast 3-5 minutes) just to open the
browser for the database. This makes it almost un-usable.
I use Postgres 8.1.9 . It works fast for small databases (having the same
number of tables..)...as the database size keeps increasing..there is a
progressive slowdown in PGAdmin. Our Databse is over 600Gb .

is there any fix / patch I can use? It is a great toool but the slowness
makes it unable to be used as a browser.