Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase

From: Matthew Terenzio <matt(at)jobsforge(dot)com>
To: PgSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase
Date: 2005-10-13 01:50:19
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

As much as I respect Marc and Postgresql.org, I can't see Oracle hiring
him away as a "killer" threat to the community. People would set up
camp somewhere else, like Command Prompt. It would hurt things for a
while but the software is too important to too many to be killed by a
domain name or person.