Re: BUG #15827: Unable to connect on Windows using pg_services.conf using Python psycopg2

From: Jorge Gustavo Rocha <jgr(at)geomaster(dot)pt>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15827: Unable to connect on Windows using pg_services.conf using Python psycopg2
Date: 2019-06-01 17:58:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Tom,

Thanks for looking at this.

I've tried with \n and \r\n separators to make sure it wasn't the
problem. I did a od -c to make sure the endings were the expected ones,
and I found no difference between just \n or \r\n.

The psql is able to deal with service=pg_trabalho, so I think libpq is
reading the file without line end issues.

I was able to get it run on another Windows (on a virtual machine I've
installed).

Right now, I suspected that the problem might be even upstream, when
libpq tries to use/resolve the address. I have to return to the network
where the problem was reported (a large intranet) and test it in the
original environment.

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

--
Logo*   Geomaster, LDA*
  *VENHA DESCOBRIR O CAMINHO DO OPEN SOURCE CONNOSC**O

*

Avenida Barros e Soares
N.º 423, 4715-214 Braga
VAT/NIF510 906 109