Re: Performance with temporary table

From: "samantha mahindrakar" <sam(dot)mahindrakar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Decibel! <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
Cc: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance with temporary table
Date: 2008-04-09 23:41:18
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi
The reason for using the temporary table is that i need this data
buffered somewhere so that i can use it for later computation. And the
fact that for each imputation i need to have historical data from 10
previous weeks makes it necessary to create something that can hold
the data. However once the computation is done for each record i
wouldn't need that historical data for that record. I Would be moving
on to the next record and find its own historical data.
Is there any way i can avoid using temp table?

Samantha