Re: [HACKERS] Enhancing PGSQL to be compatible with Informix SQL

From: Brian E Gallew <geek+(at)cmu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Enhancing PGSQL to be compatible with Informix SQL
Date: 2000-01-06 16:08:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Then <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com> spoke up and said:
> But if one were to want to mimic a commercial DB, one would presumably
> mimic the market leader...

Market leader or not, Oracle causes us sufficient pain here that I
would never consider it important. But then again, I'm bitter.

| JAVA must have been developed in the wilds of West Virginia. |
| After all, why else would it support only single inheritance?? |
| Finger geek(at)cmu(dot)edu for my public key. |