Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL

From: "Carlo Stonebanks" <stonec(dot)register(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL
Date: 2006-10-17 06:43:57
Lists: pgsql-performance

> you have a two part part key on facility(country code, postal code),
> right?

Well, I'm glad you pointed it out, because I THOUGhT I had created it, but
apparently I haven't -- I only noticed that it was missing after I listed
all the other indexes. Looks like this query is one of the victims of a db
structure corruption I suffered when transferring the schema over from
development into production.

(Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

Thanks for all the help - I've reduced the execution time to 1/10 of its
original time.

Carlo