when and how to use pgsql system catalogs?

From: LIANHE SHAO <lshao2(at)jhmi(dot)edu>
To: PostgreSQL Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: when and how to use pgsql system catalogs?
Date: 2003-12-26 18:34:34
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,
Could somebody tell me when and how to use pgsql
system catalog tables (those start with pg_)? I read
the chapter 43, and know they store database meta
data,and what each table does, but I am not quite
sure when and how to efficiently use it.
btw, which command allows me to see all those tables?

Thanks and Regards,
William