Re: Re : Am I overseen ?

From: Lothar Behrens <lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de>
To: Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re : Am I overseen ?
Date: 2007-10-18 18:09:09
Lists: pgsql-general

I think this is not the way I should go.

My application is a database prototype design tool that also is able to
run the design because the designer it self is a design.

So I did not only need a DDL to create the target application's
database, also I need to feed a model into the system database
that specifies the model at GUI level. (Data in general means)

Therefore I have choosen the XMI / XML / XSLT approach to get SQL
scripts at once.

When there is a way to optionally add columns to existing tables via
SQL I have very less development needs to get this working.
If I do read the XML model into a DOM tree or use extarnal tools I
probably have more to work on a solution.

But thanks, it may help somehow. I'll have a look.

Lothar