Re: Database reporting tool

From: Bill(dot)Kotraba(at)logixml(dot)com (Bill)
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database reporting tool
Date: 2004-03-23 18:51:23
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Jerome - We have developed a web based ad hoc report builder (LGX
Ad Hoc) that seems to fit your requirements rather well at first
glance. http://www.logixml.com/products/AdHoc/adhoc.htm

LGX Ad Hoc is a zero footprint .NET and XML based web application. It
provides both an end-user and administrator module.

End-users are provided an easy-to-use wizard that allows them the
ability to build their reports off of business objects (tables, views)
that you can easily set up in a meta data layer.

With the wizard users can do things like:

* Add charts to their report
* Choose dynamic sorting for columns
* Choose Export options like PDF, Excel, Word
* Set up paging and printing options
* Build parameters including calendar controls
* Add a grouping level to reports for sub or drill down reports

LGX Ad Hoc can connect to PostgresSQL via an ODBC driver. We can also
work with databases like Oracle, MySQL, DB2, and SQL Server.

Thanks
Bill Kotraba
LogiXML