Re: Patch: plan invalidation vs stored procedures

From: "Asko Oja" <ascoja(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Joshua Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Gregory Stark" <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "Hannu Krosing" <hannu(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Dimitri Fontaine" <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, "David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, "Martin Pihlak" <martin(dot)pihlak(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Patch: plan invalidation vs stored procedures
Date: 2008-08-20 01:56:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Every thread we are concerned in turns into something strange thing that is
almost entirely differnet from the original intention. First thread we
started was with the intention to discuss how we should handle the problem.
Instead of discussion it was trolled into oblivion. Then we thought so what
if no discussion we will submit a patch maybe people will understand we are
serious. Nothing relevant came up. Spent week more to refine patch into
something that looks good enough. And now we are having discusion what is
bug and what s not in this thread.

In the first message Martin asked
"There are probably a lot of details that I have overlooked. I'd be really
thankful for some constructive comments and criticism. Especially, what
needs
to be done to have this in the core. Feedback appreciated."

Can we get back to the topic?

PS: We have 10000+ functions (including lots of duplicates)
PS: We are able to be as arrogant as any of you but we can get more things
done with constructive comments.