Re: Patch: plan invalidation vs stored procedures

From: "Asko Oja" <ascoja(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Dimitri Fontaine" <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch: plan invalidation vs stored procedures
Date: 2008-08-19 17:42:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Polite answers lead to polite discussions. Caling other people names lead to
flame wars.
It's perfectly ok for Skype to keep our own build of 8.3 with given patch
and make it available for whoever might want it. At least now there is
almost good enough description why the patch was needed althou it would have
been more pleasant if the discussion had been constructive.
We didn't keep close enough watch on the list when 8.3 plan invalidation was
discussed and it came as bad surprise to us that some parts important to us
were left out.

By the way it's real nice what you are doing with in and exists
improvements. Thanks.

regards
Asko