Re: Having tough time getting php working for postgresql..

From: manjusri schuit <manjusri(dot)schuit(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff MacDonald <jam(at)zoidtechnologies(dot)com>
Cc: Jagan Reddy <jaganreddy98(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Having tough time getting php working for postgresql..
Date: 2006-01-10 14:04:43
Lists: pgsql-php

Hello
form the php site--

In order to enable PostgreSQL support, --with-pgsql[=DIR] is required when
you compile PHP. DIR is the PostgreSQL base install directory, defaults to
/usr/local/pgsql. If shared object module is available, PostgreSQL module
may be loaded using
extension<http://nl3.php.net/manual/nl/ini.sect.path-directory.php#ini.extension>directive
in
php.ini or *dl()* <http://nl3.php.net/manual/nl/function.dl.php> function.

The default php instalations on most linux distro's don't come with
postgresql enabled !
So you need to unistall the default php version first.