Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel

From: "Erick Papadakis" <erick(dot)papa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel
Date: 2007-01-23 15:15:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Doesn't work:

- psql -U postgres
> psql: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"

- psql -U postgres -W
> psql: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"

Would appreciate some insights. Where's the step by step guide to make
this work? Cpanel/WHM and Plesk are THE most widespread control
panels, and I see zilch on postgresql.org that addresses them.

Maybe this is why MySQL is popular. The thing just works! (Which is
all one needs in 99% of simple webbie cases).

Thanks in advance!