Are we still interested in the master-slave scan patch

From: "Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Are we still interested in the master-slave scan patch
Date: 2006-06-15 05:02:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I may have some free time recently to work on the master-slave scan idea.
I've been able to support AS-IS both SeqScan and IndexScan. Are we still
interested in getting it into 8.2?

There are still some problems I am not quite sure the solution. One is the
Xid assignment -- we need this to assure that master and slaves see the same
snapshot. The other is the connection pool architecture: shall we let
postmaster manage the slaves or let another process say slave-master to
handle them? Currently I am choosing the latter.

Regards,
Qingqing