Re: contrib/xml2 and xml type

From: "Nikolay Samokhvalov" <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: contrib/xml2 and xml type
Date: 2007-01-11 15:09:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Duplicate versions of functions (e.g., there would be XMLPATH() as the main
XPath function for XML type, producing arrays of values of XML type in
general case -- non-standard, but generalized).

In addition to two SQL files for registration of module functions in
database, I would move XSLT functions to separate SQL file (many people do
not need XSLT, just XPath, or vice versa). Also, maybe it's worth to adjust
Makefile to make using of contrib/xml2 without XSLT (on systems w/o libxslt)
a little bit simpler (now everyone have to edit both Makefile and ...sql.in
manually).

--
Best regards,
Nikolay