Re: Setting up a fine-grained permission system

From: Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Setting up a fine-grained permission system
Date: 2005-10-17 16:38:19
Lists: pgsql-general

IMHO, Veil is very strange project. Instead of concentrating on good
support of updatable views, developers are trying to reinvent the
wheel. Actually, if restriction-and-projection views would be
updatable w/o overhead (such as creating rules), there'll no need in
such project. It's one of the major roles of views - provide mechanism
to secure the data.

Am I right?

--
Best regards,