Re: Alpha 1 release notes

From: "Massa, Harald Armin" <chef(at)ghum(dot)de>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Alpha 1 release notes
Date: 2009-08-13 09:19:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

within source code, build options there is:

- Reserve the shared memory region during backend startup on Windows,
so that memory allocated by starting third party DLLs doesn't end up
conflicting with it. Hopefully this solves the long-time issue with
"could not reattach to shared memory" errors on Win32.

I suggest that it should also be pointed out that this fix will be
backported to 8.3 and 8.4 (as much as I followed the ML); similiar to the
information at

- Fast shutdown stop should forcibly disconnect any active backends,
even if a smart shutdown is already in progress. Backpatched to 8.3.

best wishes

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa