Re: Export data to MS Excel

From: "Phoenix Kiula" <phoenix(dot)kiula(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Ashish Karalkar" <ashish(dot)karalkar(at)info-spectrum(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Export data to MS Excel
Date: 2007-09-01 09:23:38
Lists: pgsql-general

On 01/09/07, Ashish Karalkar <ashish(dot)karalkar(at)info-spectrum(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello All,
> I want to export data from PostgreSQL tables to MS Excel.
> Is there any way?

Sure, write SQL in a program (php, perl, jsp, asp) to dump the tables
program into Excel from Tools --> Data Sources. Once you save the xls
file, you can always just refresh the data because it already points
to your program.

I guess there must be other ways, but this one works fine for me.
Excel has a limit of 65,700 rows (or thereabouts) so it's not a huge
deal for a db like pgsql.