Question about Numeric Types

From: Dave Lazar <hunkybill(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question about Numeric Types
Date: 2005-02-03 18:39:17
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

When using pgAdmin 1.2.0 to setup a new type, the option for a numeric
type offers a choice of length and precision. Postgresql defines
numeric as having scale and precision. Assuming length is synonymous
with scale, the precision is a locked field.

If I want to specify a type numeric using pgAdmin with a scale of 6
and a precision of 12, how can I do this?

Any tips most appreciated.

Dave