Re: Windowing Function Patch Review -> Standard Conformance

From: "Hitoshi Harada" <umi(dot)tanuki(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David Rowley" <dgrowley(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com, "Vladimir Sitnikov" <sitnikov(dot)vladimir(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Windowing Function Patch Review -> Standard Conformance
Date: 2008-11-09 10:18:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2008/11/9 David Rowley <dgrowley(at)gmail(dot)com>:
> Hitoshi Harada wrote:
>> I recreate the patch against current HEAD, in the git it's here:
>>
>> http://git.postgresql.org/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=f88970d3c6fb9f99543
>> d873bb7228f4c057c23e0
>>
>> I tested `patch -p1` with the attached and succeeded to make it work
>> cleanly. It seems to me that this patch can be applied until another
>> pg_proc.h entry would introduced in the HEAD.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Hitoshi Harada
>
> Thanks Hitoshi,
>
> You've done what I planned to do first thing this morning. I was planning to
> write a script that checks for the new lines then I could have removed
> those, patched then re-added them with the extra f.
>
> It looks like it's not easy to keep it working with CVS head. I counted 3
> patches that touched pg_proc.h just this month. I must have missed another
> as I still couldn't get it to apply. Hence the need for the script.
>
> Thanks for the new patch I'll get testing now.
>
> David.

I'm glad to hear that. Actually thanks to git it is quite easy for me
to merge my own repository with the HEAD. It tells me which lines are
new coming and which lines I modified are newer than else in CVS. This
is my first project where I use git (and I am not guru of cvs either
-:) but I love it now.
So feel free to tell me to recreate a new patch against head. Not so
heavy work as making on-the-fly script.

Regards,

--
Hitoshi Harada